January 16, 2010

i believe

today has been a lazy day for the most part.  i slept in until like 10:30 which is beyond lazy for me. i ate lunch with preston and his parents. we talked about classes and weddings. Preston dropped me off and i have pretty much been sitting in the same place since then...with the occasional walking to the door to let the dogs out and answering the phone when it rings. 

other than that i have been reading other blogs and thinking.  we are so lucky to have everything we have.  those in Haiti are walking through their crumbled lives.  most of them have lost everything including friends and family. my heart and my prayers go out to them. 


{via}


there are tons of ways to help.  if you have the money you can text "Haiti" to 90999 which adds $10 to your cell phone bill and all $10 goes to the American Red Cross to Haiti aid.  if you can't send money, pray.  i have complete faith that God is there in Haiti helping those families find each other and stay strong amongst all the disaster surrounding them.  

my thank-yous go out to those bloggers who are able to send money based on how many comments they recieve, and those with etsy shops that will send proceeds to help as well. 


{via}



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post, obviously I'm well aware of what's going on in Haiti, and my love and prayers have been going out to them. To be honest though, I had a bit of a stressful day, and was being a bit short with people tonight, but when I'm reminded of what they're going through there, it definitely puts things in perspective. We are truly, so, so lucky. Great blog, I'll be back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great post, it really helps put things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post, Alexandria!

    Oh and I gave you an award!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great post! I'm so glad many people are getting behind the people of Haiti by donating and praying.

    I think sometimes we need to step back and reflect on what we have and how blessed we are ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a big heart! great post :)

    ReplyDelete