February 9, 2010

failed the common sense test

preston and i have a joke about failing common sense tests when we do stupid stuff. i think it is from a show though. anyways today i had to go to a storage unit for my bosses.  he showed me which was the key among the thousands on the key chain.  of course when i put the key in the ignition of his car, i forgot which one went to the storage unit lock. got there, put the key in that fit. wouldn't open.  called boss, "if it fits, it should work."  then i proceed to turn the key and since i am as strong as an ox, it broke. yep! the key broke in the lock! so a nice man came and cut the lock off (that's a side story on how i found him).  i then realized as he was cutting the giant pry/cut proof Brinks lock, that the key i put in the lock was a Master key, and not a Brinks key.  way to go... i sure did fail the common sense test.

2 comments:

  1. Aw that sucks big time. I do things like that all the time though, don't feel bad, it happens to the best of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read through all of your blog posts that I have missed lately. I love your style, I can see you behind all your words. In response to the friend blog, just wanted to remind you of how much I love and appreciate you and consider my life to be so very enhanced because I can call you my friend.

    ReplyDelete